The .22 rifle is one of the most popular rifles ever made, and that’s to be expected given its accuracy, affordable bullets and design. But to get maximum value out of it, you need a quality 22lr scope to go along with it. So the question now is, what is the best option for 22lr? Well you don’t have to look far for the answers as have collected them here.
Nikon PROSTAFF RIMFIRE II
- BDC 150 Reticle
- Fully Multicoated Optical System
- Spring Loaded Instant Zero-Reset Turrets
- Spot On Ballistic Match Technology
Nicon is known for making some of the best 22lr scopes, and the 113872 VX-1 is one of their finest efforts yet. If you are after quality and not willing to compromise, the 113872 VX-1 will fit the bill. This scope is designed to get maximum performance from a .22.
What makes this one of the products under this category is the design maximizes the transmission of light, and it comes with proprietary optical coatings that enhance the target image. The Nicon Prostaff also comes with a well-designed, water resistant body, and it’s been constructed for rimfire shooters.
The reticle is light, small and just like other Leupold products is constructed according to high standards. Mounting is easy and once you have it in place won’t slip off. While this is not the cheapest scope in the market, there is no questioning the quality of the design. The quality of the scope is top notch and the lifetime warranty is the icing on the cake.
- Can hit small targets as far as 100 yards
- Scope is large and well built
- The scope is crystal clear
- Has a lifetime warranty
- Does not come with rings
- Red, Green, Blue illuminated color Mil-Dot reticle
- 1/4 MOA click value for wind and elevation adjustment
- Multi-Coated lenses, includes scope rings
- Shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof
The Tasco is often mentioned in conversations about the best 22 rifle scope, and a close look at its specs will show why this is the case. To put it simply the Tasco was built expressly to optimize your .22’s performance. The scope is built for elevation adjustment and precise windage, plus its reticle is good enough for up to 150 yards. If you’re in search of the best scope for 22 rifle, the Tasco is definitely up to the task and more.
The best 22 rimfire scope should have clear optics, and the Nikon does not disappoint. Not only is the optics clear, but it has sophisticate anti glare properties so even if you look into it in the middle of the day, the sun’s glare won’t affect your view. When it comes to scopes, there are certain things you need to look for, and one of the most important is the crosshairs need to be easy to see, and that’s what you get with this scope.
- Makes good use of the BDC 150 reticle
- Adjustment is quick and accurate
- Provides good value for your money
- You need to follow the instructions carefully
3. BARSKA 3-9×32 Plinker-22 Riflescope
- 22 rifles and rim-fires to provide striking performance, 3 to 9X...
- Water, fog, and shock-proof fully multi-coated optics adjustable for...
- 12-Inch tube length, one-Inch tube diameter, and 32-Millimeter...
- 10.7-3.6 exit pupil and 3.5-Inch eye relief, 0.25-Inch click value,...
- Includes mounting rings, lens covers, and lens cloth, limited lifetime...
Customer reviews for the 3-9×32 Plinker have been mostly positive, and one of the reasons is you get a lifetime warranty. Like the Nikon 22lr scope the Barska comes with a wide range of features that put other scopes to shame. This scope has a lens covers and rings, and its 32mm objective lens has nitrogen gas so it is fog proof.
This scope was built specifically for .22 shooters, yet even though it is of high quality, remains affordable. As you might expect from a quality scope, the Barska is shock proof and waterproof, allowing you to use the scope in different weather conditions and environments. The optics is fully coated and you can make adjustments for elevation and windage.
The Barska is one of the best designed products available and comes with a lens cloth so you can keep it clean after each use. Whether it is for hunting or plinking, this scope is more than capable of matching your requirements.
- Weighs only 11.5 ounces
- Scope is very clear
- Provides 13 ft. FOV at 100 yards at 9X zoom
- Has 3.5”- inch eye relief
- Feedback from gun users has been very good
- The parallax cannot be adjusted
- Bsa Riflescope W/matte Black Finish & Duplex Reticle
- Bsa Optics
The name BSA is always a great option and the Sweet .22 3-9 x 40mm is a reminder of just how good their products are. The best rimfire scope should not be expensive but rather provide good value for your money, and as far as features and quality goes the Sweet .22 can match up with the more expensive scopes.
The Sweet .22 was built from the ground up to be the best 22 scope, and it shows. The scope comes with interchangeable target turrets calibrated for all the widely used .22 loads, and it comes with a trajectory compensating reticle that’s especially suited for the .22.
The unit should not be slowed down by a bit of fog or water, and the Sweet .22 certainly won’t be. The optics is of the highest quality and what you see won’t be affected by the prevailing weather conditions. The .22 is a fine rifle but as long time gun enthusiasts will tell you, you can get more out of them with a quality scope, and the Sweet .22 provides just that and more.
- Scope quality is top notch
- Works with popular .22 loads
- The construction will last a long time
- Doesn’t come with rings
As you can see, there are several options if you are looking for the best scopes, and whichever of the four scopes we reviewed here will improve your aim significantly. By making use of these 22lr scope reviews you never have to rely on hearsay to find a suitable model.