There are different types of guns, but the one thing they share in common is the need for the best gun oil or lube.Oilingis necessary to keep your firearm in good condition and operating smoothly. If you’ve got a gun, make sure toclean it regularlyand apply oil on the parts that grind and move so friction doesn’t wear it out.
Considering its importance, it should not come as a surprise that a lot of gun lubes and oils are available, but some are better formulated than others. Here are choices for the top 5.
Top 5 Gun Oil Compasion
|Hoppe’s No. 9 Lubricating Oil|
|Prom M-Pro7||Multi-Purpose||Prom||Check Price|
|Ballistol Multi-Purpose Aerosol Can||Multi-Purpose||F W Klever GmbH||Check Price|
|Lucas Oil||Multi-Purpose||Lucas Oil||Check Price|
Hoppe’s No. 9 Lubricating Oil
- High-viscosity oil refined to perfection
- Ideal for firearms, fishing reels and other precision mechanisms
- Extra-long lasting; Does not harden, gum or expire
- Includes one
- Made in the USA
Gun oil reviews show the Hoppe’s 9 is one of the most popular gun lubes today, with many regarding it as the best lubricant available. This oil lubricant works well not just on firearms but folding knives and other sporting goods.
- One of the reasons this is regarded as one of the best gun cleaner lubricant products is it is 100% mineral.
- The bottle is compact and fits in your backpack or hunting bag (it measures just 2-1/4 oz.)
- The bottle is easy to use and action on metal components is smooth
- The oil doesn’t gum, turn rancid or harden unlike low quality lubes
- The oil is high viscosity
- The bottle tip is a bit flat
M-Pro 7 Gun Oil
The M Pro 7 is also considered by many customers to be one of the best options today owing to its long life and reliability. For instance, a single 2 oz. bottle can last for up to three years.
- This is not just one of the best firearm lubricant around, but it’s also one of the finest oil you can use on the AR 15.
- Another reason this can lay claim to being the best handgun oil is its 3 in 1 nature: it is a cleaner, protectant and lubricant, reducing the need to buy separate products.
- The M Pro 7 has been thoroughly tested to ensure durability and reliability, and it has been proven to work under diverse and extreme environmental conditions.
- The M Pro 7 is slick and thick, and compared to other gun oil products does a better job of sticking onto surfaces better. Furthermore, the formula used in this product flows smoothly.
- The M Pro 7 has undergone rigid testing to ensure it is of the highest quality. When applied regularly on your firearm it’s going to provide long term protection from moisture, water and wear and tear.
- The lubricant’s built in properties also provide protection against dirt and dust buildup, and it’s not going to dissipate even after five hundred rounds.
- A bit expensive
Remington Rem Oil
Any discussion of the best gun cleaning solvent is bound to include Remington Oil as it’s one of the best lube for 1911 available online. The oil is available in plastic squeeze bottles that produce droplets of oil, making it ideal for lubricating various components. They are also sold in aerosol cans and oil wipes that you can use without difficulty.
- This is one of the best shotgun oil products due to its proprietary Teflon formula that produces a long lasting film that permeates even the tiniest metal pores so your firearm runs smoothly.
- This oil lubricant offers superior moisture protection and enhances your firearm’s resistance to rust and corrosion.
- Aside from ensuring your gun works properly, Remington Oil also removes grime and dirt that stick onto the metal parts.
- The oil does an excellent job of protecting the external and internal metal components from corrosion.
- Some people say the oil dries a bit too quickly.
Ballistol Multi-Purpose Aerosol Can Lubricant Cleaner Protectant
- Biodegradable; won't harm the environment
- Perfect for lubricating and protecting firearms and just about...
- Preserves and protects metal, wood, leather and plastics
- Slightly alkaline in nature; neutralizes the effect of sweat and skin...
- 1.5 oz. Aerosol Can
The Ballistol is another top contender as it provides professional quality lubrication while providing protection for plastics, metals, leather and wood. What this product does is produce an oil film on the metal surface and permeates even the smallest cracks.
- As you might expect from one of the best gun lube products, this provides full protection for even surfaces that are wet.
- As reviews will show, the Ballistol lubricant is ideal for different types of firearms and other metal equipment that needs protection from corrosion.
- The oil has alkaline properties.
- The lube does an excellent job of reducing the effect of skin oil and sweat on your firearm.
- The Ballistol gun oil is biodegradable and eco-friendly. One of the more frequent criticisms with most gun oil a product is they’re toxic and harmful to the environment, but this one isn’t.
- The spray feature works very well in terms of saving time during the application.
- Cannot be used on guns with gold engraving or nickel plating
Lucas Gun Oil
- High quality construction and durability
- Top quality products to enhance the style, comfort and functionality...
Last but not the least on our list of the best gun lubricant is the Lucas Gun Oil. The company has many different types of oils and lubricants, but the emphasis on all their products has always been durability. For those reasons they’re always near the top when it comes to discussing the most popular gun cleaning lubricants on the Internet.
- This is one of the best gun lubricating oil products today because it can prevent overheating and jamming on high caliber firearms and machine guns.
- The lubricant has water repelling properties.
- Unlike other gun oil products, this does not dry or evaporate even when stored for an extended period.
- This gun oil is affordably priced.
- The product doesn’t have an unpleasant smell, something that is common with low quality gun lubricants.
- The oil can be used on other metal products.
- The bottle cap needs to be tightened fully because the content will leak.
The best lubricant for firearms should keep your gun in good working condition provided you follow the instructions for its application. Armed with the best oil designed specifically for handguns, expect to get maximum value and use from your firearm for years to come.