There’s nothing quite like a brand new lock, stock, and barrel. If you want your gun to stay the way it looked when you took it out of the box, you need the best gun oil you can get your hands on. The hardest part of choosing the most suitable lubrication for your firearm is wadding through the flashy packaging and trendy naming.
The best gun lube does a few things:
- It protects bare metal from corrosion and oxidative residue from your hands.
- Prevents spent powder and the air from eating away the metal of the firearm.
- Allows metal to glide and interface between parts without grinding or shaving the parts.
In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- High-viscosity oil refined to perfection
- Ideal for firearms, fishing reels and other precision mechanisms
- Extra-long lasting; Does not harden, gum or expire
- Includes one
- Made in the USA
This is one multi-functional gun oil that is designed to be the perfect solution for outdoor enthusiasts who need a high viscosity oil whether for firearms, fishing reels, and more. A favorite among hunters and shooters, besides just lubricating, protecting, and cleaning your firearms, you can also use it to lubricate other gear and provide the type of smooth and high quality performance you want.
Gun oil reviews show the Hoppe’s 9 is one of the most popular gun lubes today, with many regarding it as the best lubricant available. This oil lubricant works well not just on firearms but folding knives and other sporting goods.
This performance standard applies to about 500 firearms over the years as a ballistics writer, police officer, and educator. This goes double for their oils in the past. True, there are new products closing in on Hoppes, but all of them have a way to go when overtaking the brand.
- One of the reasons this is regarded as one of the best gun cleaner lubricant products is it is 100% mineral.
- The bottle is compact and fits in your backpack or hunting bag (it measures just 2-1/4 oz.)
- The bottle is easy to use and action on metal components is smooth
- The oil doesn’t gum, turn rancid or harden unlike low quality lubes
- The oil is high viscosity
- The bottle tip is a bit flat
Best Gun Oil for Proper Firearm Maintenance
Making sure you lubricate your firearms regularly is only one piece of the pie. You also want to make sure you’re using a quality product too. There’s a lot of different choices on the market. If you’re confused as to what oil you should go with, read on and make your own decision.
Our list of the absolute top-rated gun oils out there listed below are all premium oils that come at a very affordable price to give you the best possible results.
Top 5 Gun Oil Compasion 2020
|Hoppe’s No. 9 Lubricating Oil|
|Prom M-Pro7||Multi-Purpose||Prom||Check Price|
|Ballistol Multi-Purpose Aerosol Can||Multi-Purpose||F W Klever GmbH||Check Price|
|Lucas Oil||Multi-Purpose||Lucas Oil||Check Price|
M-Pro 7 Gun Oil
The M Pro 7 is also considered by many customers to be one of the best options today owing to its long life and reliability. For instance, a single 2 oz. bottle can last for up to three years.
- This is not just one of the best firearm lubricant around, but it’s also one of the finest oil you can use on the AR 15.
- Another reason this can lay claim to being the best handgun oil is its 3 in 1 nature: it is a cleaner, protectant and lubricant, reducing the need to buy separate products.
- The M Pro 7 has been thoroughly tested to ensure durability and reliability, and it has been proven to work under diverse and extreme environmental conditions.
- The M Pro 7 is slick and thick, and compared to other gun oil products does a better job of sticking onto surfaces better. Furthermore, the formula used in this product flows smoothly.
- The M Pro 7 has undergone rigid testing to ensure it is of the highest quality. When applied regularly on your firearm it’s going to provide long term protection from moisture, water and wear and tear.
- The lubricant’s built in properties also provide protection against dirt and dust buildup, and it’s not going to dissipate even after five hundred rounds.
- A bit expensive
Remington Rem Oil
Any discussion of the best gun cleaning solvent is bound to include Remington Oil as it’s one of the best lube for 1911 available online. The oil is available in plastic squeeze bottles that produce droplets of oil, making it ideal for lubricating various components. They are also sold in aerosol cans and oil wipes that you can use without difficulty.
- This is one of the best shotgun oil products due to its proprietary Teflon formula that produces a long lasting film that permeates even the tiniest metal pores so your firearm runs smoothly.
- This oil lubricant offers superior moisture protection and enhances your firearm’s resistance to rust and corrosion.
- Aside from ensuring your gun works properly, Remington Oil also removes grime and dirt that stick onto the metal parts.
- The oil does an excellent job of protecting the external and internal metal components from corrosion.
- Some people say the oil dries a bit too quickly.
Ballistol Multi-Purpose Aerosol Can Lubricant Cleaner Protectant
- Since 1904: The Original CLP - Cleans, Lubricates and Protects
- Multi-Purpose: Preserves and protects metal, wood, leather, rubber and...
- Lubricates and Cleans: Perfect for lubricating and cleaning tools,...
- Skin Safe: Slightly alkaline in nature; neutralizes the effect of...
- Environmentally Friendly: Ballistol is biodegradable, and neither its...
The Ballistol is another top contender as it provides professional quality lubrication while providing protection for plastics, metals, leather and wood. What this product does is produce an oil film on the metal surface and permeates even the smallest cracks.
- As you might expect from one of the best gun lube products, this provides full protection for even surfaces that are wet.
- As reviews will show, the Ballistol lubricant is ideal for different types of firearms and other metal equipment that needs protection from corrosion.
- The oil has alkaline properties.
- The lube does an excellent job of reducing the effect of skin oil and sweat on your firearm.
- The Ballistol gun oil is biodegradable and eco-friendly. One of the more frequent criticisms with most gun oil a product is they’re toxic and harmful to the environment, but this one isn’t.
- The spray feature works very well in terms of saving time during the application.
- Cannot be used on guns with gold engraving or nickel plating
Lucas Gun Oil
- High quality construction and durability
- High quality construction and durability
- Top quality products to enhance the style, comfort and functionality...
Last but not the least on our list of the best gun lubricant is the Lucas Gun Oil. The company has many different types of oils and lubricants, but the emphasis on all their products has always been durability. For those reasons they’re always near the top when it comes to discussing the most popular gun cleaning lubricants on the Internet.
- This is one of the best gun lubricating oil products today because it can prevent overheating and jamming on high caliber firearms and machine guns.
- The lubricant has water repelling properties.
- Unlike other gun oil products, this does not dry or evaporate even when stored for an extended period.
- This gun oil is affordably priced.
- The product doesn’t have an unpleasant smell, something that is common with low quality gun lubricants.
- The oil can be used on other metal products.
- The bottle cap needs to be tightened fully because the content will leak.
Trigger Fanatics All In One Gun Cleaning Kit
- MILITARY-GRADE 3 IN 1 GUN CLEANER: The shooter lube will keep your...
- REMOVES OIL, DIRT, AND GREASE: The gun oil and cleaner gets into...
- WORKS ON WOOD AND LEATHER: Use the gun cleaning solvent to maintain...
- GUN OIL SAFE FOR SYNTHETIC SURFACES: Apply the gun lube on any...
- MADE IN THE USA: Trigger Fanatics utilizes advanced Military Grade...
The manufacturer of this best gun cleaner kit believes that you can use the product on any surface, and it will give you results in shining. However, they don’t recommend the product on the painted surface, or else you will not like the result. Hence, we highly recommend you to buy this product because almost every buyer of this amazing custom gun cleaning kit loves the product and Amazon is full of positive reviews about this product of custom gun cleaning kit.
- You can use it to clean any surface
- You can use it in any weather
- It will keep your gun and holster clean all the time
- All in one deal
- You are not supposed to use it on the painted surface
Best Gun Oils Buyer’s Guide 2020
Gun lubricants come in a few different forms – liquids and solids and even in some rare cases gasses. Generally, they are a mixture of both liquids and solids, the liquid being the ‘base stock’ with the solids being the ‘additives’. Combining ingredients for the best gun oil requires science and engineering to ensure the end product is optimal. Firearms are generally used heavily for short periods of time but spend the majority of their lifespan inactive. There are many different lubricants but for guns, they operate under two types of lubrication regimes which are boundary lubrication and hydrodynamic lubrication.
Properly caring for and maintaining your firearm, like using a high-quality gun oil, really can make a significant difference in the effectiveness and performance of your gun. Everyone wants to ensure that their guns are in the best possible working condition, don’t they? Whether the gun is used for self-protection or hunting, it is imperative for a firearm to function properly. The last thing that you want is for your gun to malfunction at the moment that you need it the most. Many different kinds of gun oil are available in the market. Each of them has pros and cons that are associated with using them. It can seem overwhelming to try to find the best gun oil when you have to try to keep track of all of the terminology and the many different products that are available.
Do You Need Gun Oil?
Yes, you can significantly reduce the general wear-and-tear to your firearm when you use the correct lubricant. It creates an effective barrier between the moving parts which improves the running operation of your firearm.
Even though you may not be able to see it with the naked eye, your firearm has several depressions and tiny cracks. Using a good quality gun oil will lubricate the workings of your weapon internally, which makes it more effective and safer to use.
Gun oils also contain other ingredients which include anti-rust agents, anti-wear agents, and extreme pressure agents. In certain cases, detergents will also be included in the oil which assists with breaking down debris and grime inside your gun.
Even though a gun oil should not be regarded as a replacement to a gun cleaning-kit and maintenance of your weapon, it can assist with increasing the longevity of your weapon.
How To Remove Rust From Guns
What if you have already bought the best gun cleaning solvent and oil but don’t know how to use it on guns. That is why we are writing this section so that you may know how to use the products that we have mentioned above.
Keep in mind that there are hundreds of ways to clean the rust from guns, but most of them will cause damage to your gun. Here, we will only talk about the methods that are safe enough to keep your gun undamaged.
Hence, some ways to clean the rusted guns are:
Using Gun Cleaning Kit
Read the above reviews and find the top-rated gun cleaning kits and buy them. Make sure the kit you buy has brass, nylon, and steel brushes. Dip the brush in the gun cleaning oil and apply it on the rusted surface. Keep rubbing the surface with a brush and the rust will go away. After the rust is gone, make sure you keep your gun oil protected so that it doesn’t catch the rust again.
Using Rust Dissolving Acid
Many strong acids are useful to remove the rust. Buy some commercial acid from the market and put your firearm in the solution. You may need to leave it for about 12 hours depending on how rusty your gun is. After several hours, remove the gun and clean it with a brass brush.
This method involves physics and chemistry. Take a five-gallon of water mixed with soda as your electrolyte. You will also need a sacrificial metal and a DC battery. Connect the negative side of the battery to your gun and the positive your sacrificial metal. Wait for several hours and after that, you will find a clean gun.
Taking care of your firearm includes using the best gun oil and gun lube possible. This will significantly reduce wear and tear created by friction within the weapon. Lubricants play a very important role, so find the best one for your needs and learn how to use them properly.