Whether you are military personnel , an officer of the law, or an avid outdoor adventurist, you always want good and reliable gear that maintains a strong level pragmatism. When it comes to gear, nothing is arguably more important than your backpack and having a good backpack is a life-saver. However, having a great backpack can quite literally mean the difference between life and death. A good backpack can hold most, if not all your gear, but a great backpack is adaptable; able to change shape and abilities to uniquely fit your specific needs. You need a great backpack, and great backpacks are MOLLE [mol-ly] (like the lady’s name) style backpacks.
You not only need this style, you need the best MOLLE backpack available.
So, what exactly is MOLLE, and what makes it so special?
MOLLE is acronym which stands for Modular, Lightweight, Load-carrying (load-bearing), Equipment.
Widely used in shooting communities, among hunters, police, and the military, the MOLLE design has changed the way we think about and carry gear. The design was created by the U.S military in order to maximize the efficiency of tactical gear. The design is fairly simplistic and can be applied to a wide range of gear, regardless of the company who manufactures it. It is designed in a way that is simple, efficient, easy, and very versatile.
MOLLE is style of thin webbing, similar to a seat-belt but smaller in width, sewn together about an inch apart. This allows you to run other pieces of webbing through it, creating a wicker basket-like attachment. MOLLE style backpacks and gear are some of the best, and come in a wide variety of styles, prices, and brands.
In order to narrow it down we’ve taken consideration of such things as durability, reviews, style, price, application, and average sales. We’ve accounted for the top rated tactical backpacks and come up with our top 5 MOLLE backpacks best suited for a large array of uses. We feel you won’t have to look any further than these MOLLE backpack reviews in order to find the perfect one.
The Best MOLLE Backpack Reviews
First on our list,
5.11 Tactical Rush 72 Backpack
- The RUSH72 military backpack features bug out bag design, built from...
- This Molle backpack is ready for patrol. Dual-zippered front and main...
- This heavy duty large military backpack features a front pocket - 15.5...
- Adjustable dual density closed-cell foam shoulder straps; cinching...
- The 5.11 Rush72 backpack can be used as a multipurpose pack, bug out...
That’s of course including the MOLLE compatible straps that surround the back, straps, and sides allowing you to attach any number of separate utility packs. This makes your customization truly unique, and fits you needs whether your going on a mission, hiking, hunting, or just looking for the perfect emergency pack.
Check out such compatible attachments as these:
Some other unique features of this military MOLLE pack include;
- Strong internal framework
- Retractable waist belt
- Ventilated straps and back
- Contoured yoke for maximum comfort and to take the load off your shoulders
- Quality YKK Zippers and high impact plastic clips, for durability in any situation
- Elastic “keepers” attached to the end of all straps so you can “lock-in” your perfectly adjusted lengths
- Special fleece lined eye-wear pocket
- Internal pocket organization
This pack was designed by a Spec Ops combat veteran, and will surely exceed your expectations.
Next on our list,
Unigear Tactical Hydration Backpack
- Adjustable shoulder/chest straps. Will fit chest sizes from...
- Rugged 900 Denier Polyester heavy-duty construction with PVC lining,...
- REPLACEABLE 2.5L BLADDER: Includes a 2.5 Liter BPA free bladder which...
- Sleek and compact design: 19" x 10" x 1.5" in size and 22 ounces in...
- 60 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee:If for any reason you are not 100%...
Unigear’s tactical hydration backpack is the perfect day pack, designed to aid and sustain you through long hikes, or simply an entire day away from your camp/home/car. Built from 600 Denier Polyester with PVC lining, this compact and sleek pack is extremely durable and tear/abrasion resistant. Featuring the adaptable and pragmatic MOLLE straps on the back, this small pack can easily adapt to carrying more gear.
Other key features:
- An included 2.5L replaceable water bladder
- Hands free hydration hose with bite valve
- Wide fill-cap so you can add ice-cubes for long hot days
- Breathable mesh back and shoulder padding
- Emergency whistle buckle on front straps
- The straps are very adjustable making it a great fit regardless of size
It doesn’t matter whether you are tracking coyotes all day through the sand-hills of Nevada, or hiking a day long trek up a mountain, this pack will keep everything you need tightly together and hydrated the entire time.
Third on our list,
Condor 3 Day Assault Pack
- - Large load cargo capacity compartment with separate pocket to fit up...
- - Heavy-Duty carry and drag handle.- Two double zipper pulls on the...
- Total of seven compartments:- Main Compartment with gear straps to...
- - Two large pockets on the back, bottom pocket (12.5" x 6" x 3") with...
The Condor 3 day assault pack is the best cheap MOLLE backpack in comparison to others like it. Coming in at under 100 dollars, if price is the number one concern for you we recommend this one. However, do note that when it comes to long-lasting backpacks you get what you pay for. This is a great pack no doubt but is missing out on some extra features, and most likely wont last as long as the ones around $120.00 and up.
Key features of this very large backpack include:
- Separate pocket for two 3L water bladders
- 7 total compartments
- Organizational internal compartments
- Sternum strap and waist belt
- Surrounded with MOLLE straps
Overall this is a great pack for the price.
Fourth on our top 5 MOLLE backpacks list is the
Kelty Tactical Falcon 4000 Backpack
- Compatible with Kelty satellite radio and battery holders that are...
- Top-load and front-panel access
- Lid converts into fanny pack or shoulder-strap pack organizer
- Lid has two U-shaped zippers and one map pocket
- Internal divider unzips into one main compartment
If you are looking for the most comfortable and durable backpack, the best hiking and camping backpack, and the best long distance MOLLE pack, look no further than the Tactical Falcon 4000 by Kelty. This pack is designed for those who love getting away for more than a day, or even three. It can fit all your gear and then some with its main compartments internal size being 4000 cubic inches.
This pack is designed to cater to any and all of your needs, being surrounded by MOLLE straps for versatility. It has a variable second compartment which can be unzipped to make for one extremely large central compartment, and has a versatile top lid that can detach and act as a separate pack. This pack is extremely durable as well, as it is made of 500D kodra and 1000D nylon kodra.
The Falcon 4000 is designed for maximum comfort with a strong internal framework, supported straps for comfort and weight bearing efficiency, padded back support and waste strap to lighten load on shoulders, and all made from a breathable mesh for maximum aeration.
Other key features include:
- It has two hydration compartments for water bladders
- Special fleece pocket for eye gear
- It has two straps on the side to tighten and bring the bag closer to your back
- Ice-ax loop
- It has a cover to protect against rain & Elements which stows away neatly
- Drain holes
- Load-lifter straps
- Belt stabilizers
This is a backpack that, if your willing to spend the money, will never let you down or leave you unhappy.
Lastly on our list,
Maxpedition Falcon-II Backpack
- Main Compartment: 18"(H) x 9.5"(W) x 4.75"(D)
- Secondary Compartment: 16"(H) x 8"(W) x 3"(D)
- Upper Front Pouch: 4"(H) x 7"(W) x 2.5"(D)
- Lower Front Pouch: 10"(H) x 7"(W) x 2.5"(D)
- Capacity: 1520 cu. in. / 25 liters
The Falcon II by Maxpedition is one of the best MOLLE backpacks you can buy. Ergonomically designed for comfort, large compartments, and the ability to adapt and add additional packs/gear, make this an incredible backpack.
Not to mention it is extremely durable and water resistant. It is sprayed three times with polyurethane, and then finished with a Teflon coating to protect the fabric. The nylon used for the MOLLE straps, shoulder straps, Adjustable straps, and carry-handle are all military grade. The backpacks hardware, along with its buckles, are Duraflex in order to increase strength and prolong the life.
This pack even has reinforced stress points in order to maximize its life, and with an approximate capacity of 1520 cubic inches this pack will overachieve all your expectations.
The Falcon II has more than enough pockets and organizational compartments for incredible storage abilities. This pack will provide you with the ability to host all of your gear, it will keep you safe and alive, and includes a separate water pouch able to hold two 3L bladders.
If your looking for the best all around bang for your buck, coming in at under $200.00, this is the best MOLLE backpack for you. Whether your an nature scientist, hunter, adventurer, or doomsday prepper, this Maxpedition backpack is the best around.
Additional features include:
- High strength YKK zippers and zipper tracks
- Dual-directional zippers that expand the main compartment into a larger main compartment to fit larger gear
- Double stitched, and Box-and-X stitched, for added strength
- More attachment points than most backpacks twice its size
- More than enough space for all essentials including safe laptop storage
MOLLE backpacks are the best choice for anyone looking to get something more out of their pack, those who want to maximize lifespan, and those who want the most durable pack. They are for those who want a pragmatic, adaptable, efficient pack, and those who simply want the best.
Choose one of these top 5 and you can not go wrong.
We hope you enjoyed, and we hope this helps you narrow your search for the best MOLLE backpack. As always, thanks for reading!