Camouflage is among the basic weapons of war. It’s what makes a difference between a successful and an unsuccessful mission.
Camouflage measures are important because they keep you alive in a heavy shootout environment or behind the enemy lines where you’re required to successfully monitor the enemy’s movements without being detected.
In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- SUITS FEATURES:Full front button jacket with elastic cuffs and a drawstring for the attached hood. PANT FEATURES: elastic waist with drawstring and elastic ankles. There is also two access slits in the pants to access your pockets.
- MANY APPLICATIONS: Hunting, Shooting, Wildfowling, Stalking, Paintball, Airsoft, Surveillance, Wildlife Photography, Birdwatching Halloween and any other situations where you need deep camouflage.
- COMPOSITION METHOD:Made up of clothes, pants and hats.
- MATTERIAL: Made from tough and durable polyester.
- SIZES: M/L(5'6" to 6'0") Weight： 5 Lbs
There are two types of camouflages. These are the natural and artificial camouflages. Natural camouflages include the native vegetation growing in a particular area where a sniper augments his appearance to avoid being noticed. On the other hand, artificial camouflage includes materials which are used to cover something to conceal it while in a mission. A good example of an artificial camouflage is a sniper ghillie suit which is mostly used to cover the sniper and his high caliber gun from being detected by the enemy.
How to choose the best sniper ghillie suit
Buying a ghillie suit is very easy since they’re the only standing artificial camouflages available in the market. They come in a variety of colors, styles, materials and sizes making it overwhelming when choosing the right type. Nonetheless, there is nothing to worry about since this section will guide you on what to look for when choosing the right ghillie suit.
How will the ghillie suit be used?
Natural jute – it has a smell to it
It’s important to first consider your mobility and how you intend to use your woodland ghillie suit. If you intend to use it for paintball and airsoft games, choose a ghillie suit made of synthetic materials. This is because synthetic materials are lighter and compact than natural jute. If you’re using it to fully cover your body and your sniper gun, choose the best ghillie suit which provides full body camouflage.
Type of the outer material
The two common types of materials used in stitching sniper ghillie suits are natural jute threads and the synthetic threads. Both materials work out well in all types of environments but the synthetic thread has more benefits as compared to the jute thread. They’re washable by hands, odorless, mildew and fire resistant and are non-allergenic. They’re also lightweight and more durable as compared to jute threads.
Before purchasing your suit, consider the landscape where you intend to use it. You can purchase a desert ghillie suit if you intend to use it in semi-arid areas or a snow ghillie suit if you intend to use it in snowy environments.
After noting down what’s required to blend in, the next step is to review some of the top sniper ghillie suits to make your purchase. Since there are many options to choose from, this article will review some of the best woodland ghillie suits available in the market.
|Arcturus Ghost Ghillie Suit|
|Best ghillie suit for the money||Check Price|
|Red Rock Gear Ghillie Suit||best overall ghillie suit||Check Price|
|BESTHUNTINER Ghillie Suit Camouflage Suit||best cheap ghillie suit||Check Price|
- DENSE, FULL COVERAGE: You'll be hard pressed to find a ghillie suit...
- BUILT TO LAST: We minimize the shedding that occurs on all ghillie...
- ADVANCED 3D CAMO:Our Woodland Ghost ghillie suit is made with a...
- THE REVIEWS SAY IT ALL: We use these suits ourselves, so we're...
- 4 SIZES:Kids (for kids up to 5'0"), Young Adult (5'1"-5'6"), Regular...
The Ghost Ghillie Suit Advanced 3D Camo is among the best camouflage suits available in the market. This woodland ghillie suit is made of lightweight and breathable material available in green, black, tan and brown colors. The suit has been stitched together with the jacket and the pants making it a full ghillie suit. Some of the features available with this sniper gear include; a double stitched thread for increased durability, four colors to choose from (kids’ size, young adults, regular and extra large) and a light weight of 7 pounds.
This best ghillie suit consists of a greenish pattern mixed with some light olive threads to increase durability. The manufacturer has included a camouflage carrying bag and fireproof synthetic thread.
- 5-Piece Ghillie Suit includes: jacket, hood, pants, gun wrap, and...
- Easy On/Off: Elastic pant waist with drawstring; Elastic jacket cuffs;...
- Stitched opening in ghillie pants and jacket allows access to pockets...
- Available Sizes: M/L (Chest 42”- 48”; Waist 32” - 38”)...
- Lightweight and breathable polyester construction; 98% polyester 2%...
The Red Rock Gear Ghillie Suit is the standard hunting gear available in the market. This cheap ghillie suit comes with five pieces which includes; the jacket, pants, a staff sack and a riffle wrap. The gear is elastic at the waist making it comfortable for both skinny and bodied users. It’s available in three camouflage options which convert it into a snow ghillie suit, a woodland gear and desert sniper suit all at the same time. The snap enclosures on the waist covers the entire body including the boots while the riffle wrap covers an average sized short gun or riffle without any problem.
The Red Rock Gear Ghillie Suit is made of 98% polyester, 2% spandex and is available in Medium, Large and Extra Large sizes.
How do you choose a ghillie suit that best meets your needs? Here are some of the things you should consider:
What is the reputation of the manufacturer? These days, because of the popularity of ghillie suits among mainstream buyers outside of the military, there are many companies making these camouflage outfits. But not all of them will provide high quality suits. So you have to choose which one you will buy from carefully.
Among the things to consider are:
- How long has the company been in business?
- What line of business are they in? They should specialize in making ghillie suits or in outdoor gear in the camouflage niche.
- How comprehensive is the listing for their products? The listing should at the minimum include what materials the suit is made from as well as color photos. You should have a good idea of what you are going to get if you should choose to purchase their suit.
- What claims do they make? If the listing includes statements such as “used by Navy Seals or special forces” or “designed by ex-special forces”, you should be wary. A high-quality ghillie suit will sell on its own merits and does not need extra hype.
- What do the reviews say? Read both positive and negative reviews to get an idea of the quality of the product, how satisfied buyers were with it and how the company responds to complaints.
Where will the ghillie suit be used and for what purpose? This will help you choose what options so that you can buy the suit that best blends into the environment in which it will be used.
If you are planning to use the suit for activities such as paintball or hunting, where you will be required to move around a lot, choose one that is made with synthetic materials such as nylon since it is lighter. If you are engaged in an activity where you will remain stationary for long periods of time, such as waiting for prey to emerge, consider natural materials such as jute.
However, you may want to consider a synthetic suit anyway, since it has many advantages. Aside from being lighter, it is also more durable and safer since it can be fire-retardant and water repellant. Keep in mind that when suits get wet, it can greatly add to their weight and make it more uncomfortable to wear.
What level of camouflage do you need? Think about how much of your body you need to conceal. If you will stay mostly stationary when wearing the suit, then an outfit that includes only the jacket may be enough for your needs. But if you will move around a lot, then you will need additional concealment and you should choose a suit that also includes pants.
In addition, if you are carrying a firearm that needs to be concealed, the outfit should also come with a gun bag or wrap. This is like a ghillie suit for the firearm that breaks up its straight lines and prevents them from being detected.
How much does the suit weigh? The majority of ghillie suits sold weigh around five pounds. While this does not sound like much, when you walk around wearing the suit, it can be tiring after a while. Another consideration is how far you have to walk to get to the place where you will use the suit. Even though these suits are designed to be light and easy to wear, you still don’t want to walk long distances while wearing it.
How easy is the suit to put on? The ghillie suit should be made with fastenings that are easy to close so that you won’t waste a lot of time putting it on. It should also be adjustable so that it is more comfortable to wear and less constricting. The best suits provide you with easy access to the clothing you wear underneath, which makes layering possible.
How much does it cost? A good quality ghillie suit can be bought for a competitive price that is not too prohibitive. If a suit is too cheap, then it may not provide the required level of concealment or wear out easily.
The sniper ghillie suit is available in the market in various sizes, materials and colors. Through reading this article, I believe that you’ve understood how to choose the best gear which will suit the environment.
Through reviewing two of the best woodland ghillie suits, the Ghost Ghillie Suit Advanced 3D Camo is the best in the category due to its design and high quality fabric which is durable and able to withstand adverse weather conditions. The green, black, tan, brown and unique dry grass colors make this combat gear ideal for desert and woodland use.
The Red Rock Gear Ghillie Suit is also nice sniper gear which is available in the market at an affordable price. The suit is made of breathable polyester material which is lightweight and easy to stitch. The best thing about this cheap ghillie suit is that it can be used as a woodland, snow and desert ghillie suit at the same time.
With such an in-depth review at your disposal, it’s upon you to choose the best ghillie suit which you believe will suit your needs. With some of the cheapest options available in the market, don’t hesitate to maneuver around and make your purchase before you get spotted!